Thursday, July 18, 2013

DIY Essential Oil Cleaners

  • Essential Oils can be used for countless DIY projects around the house, from cleaning fruits and veggies to degreasing pots and pans, to keeping pests at bay.   I've found a few images around the web that are helpful in detailing out some recipes.   

My favorites: 

Floor Cleaning:  Cleaning bucket filled 2/3 with hot water, 1/4 c white vinegar and a few drops each of lemon and lavender oil.   It leaves a nice clean smell behind!

Laundry:   Add 10 drops of oregano and/or tea tree oil to your load for their refreshing smell and anti-bacterial properties

Fruits and veggies:  I normally use just plain warm water, a couple caps of vinegar and a few drops of lemon EO.  

P.S.  I am not affiliated with Young Living Essential Oils, but do think they are top-notch in terms of purity.   If anyone wants to purchase, let me know and I'll hook you up with Crystal at Soul Space!

Cheers & happy cleaning!






  • And...Pest Control in the Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment